VarIntel is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our energy solution product team. In this fast-paced, startup-like team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the product roadmap while developing skills in cutting-edge technologies. You will be part of an action-oriented squad with a culture of open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork, and customer success. The Product Manager works with the Technology, Sales, and Client Services to build and enhance products from existing ideas and help develop new concepts based on industry research and customers’ and prospects’ needs. The Product Manager is the champion for development and must communicate with all areas of the company. He or she will work with Business Analysts and Engineering to define product requirements. The Product Manager will work with Sales and Marketing Support to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. The Product Manager will also serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, working with the sales channel and key clients. The Product Manager is also responsible for the product’s financial sustainability, creating and updating profit and loss documents.
Job Role And Responsibilities
- Manage the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by ongoing calls and visits to customers and prospects.
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap, which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategies.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
- Become subject matter experts in product markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R&D efforts.
- Propose an overall product budget to ensure success.
- Monitor and set prices on products in the product line to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Create feature descriptions to provide guidance to Business Analysts and contribute and approve the product-related Business Requirements Documents.
- Validate detailed specifications and development costing versus market potential and future predictable revenue.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches, working with Marketing Support and Training teams.
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform the company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead forward-looking research studies.
- Develop and deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, training the trainer programs, and presentations at symposia, trade shows, and key customer accounts.
- Act as liaison between Sales, Client Services, Marketing Support, and Technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Consult with the Client Services team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and tools
- Strong propensity to drive for results as part of a high performing team
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions
- Obsess with customers, users, and their needs
- Strong communications skills
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of enterprise IT executives, CTOs, system administrators, and cloud infrastructure providers
- Good technical skills and comfortable in front of internal solutions architects, customers, and partners
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or math
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Product Management certification a plus.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- Oil Gas experience a plus.
If you are interested (or would like to nominate someone else), please fill out the application here. We believe diversity is essential at all levels. We encourage everyone interested in the role to apply!